Re: Re:DTN and TS2k under NT

The time stamp was ok in Omega it just didn't show up for three or more
minutes.  I also have high CPU usage during market hours only.

> Jimmy

You know, I have reported this since before they released TS2000i.  I can
produce any time screen shots of the same symbol with diffrent times and
prices.  I believe that the order of incoming prices goes something like
this.

The data comes in from the vendor.  The quotes screens get the price first
by dynamic update.  The data files of the vendor are written on a timed
interval.

These files are then polled on another timed interval by the Omega So Called
Server thingy.  Then TS quotes are dynamically updated.  The (now
historical) data is now written to an Omega data file.  Then charting on a
timed polled interval calls for any data that it sees that is diffrent than
the previous data that was polled.  So if there was a second price two times
in a row, then it would not update the chart.  Once this has happened then I
assume that the chart is so far behind on its time that it looses it's place
and doesnt know where to place the new time stamp.

I only see a complete rebuild with a legitimate Data Server like TS 4.0 has
as a solution.  For those that didnt know Omega used a TAL server up untill
the release of TS2ki.  What a shame that Bill Cruz couldnt have though
enough of TS users to spend just a little bit of his money on R&D to build a
better product rather than spend all his money on advertizing.

MB