Re: TradeLab, TradeWare and MatLab

> Somebody on the list asked a question before regarding  why people don't
try to use other software designed to analyze timeseries in their trading.
It also seems to me that the consensus on the list is that systems should be
coded in VB. TradeLab supposedly has VB systems and
 I assume MB's product will as well. So why not just use MatLab which comes
with DLLs and such and use it? Granted, last  time I looked it was gonna
cost me about $2,400 for MatLab and the same for another module but...

>     Joel

I dont belive there are to many prrgrams that I havent tried and MatLab is
one of them I own every toolbox that they have except the financial one.  I
figured after 10's of thousands in software cost (with matlab) I would cut
my losses and move on.  They know much less about what a trader needs and
wants and how to deliver that as our present software vendors do.  They are
making improvements but very slow like 5 years per improvement OK.  The
major problem with using programs like this (from the math and statuistical
community) is the total lack of easy data entry and the lack of optimazation
toolboxes and little utilities that make your life so easy.   mb