TradeLab, TradeWare and MatLab

Somebody on the list asked a question before
regarding  why people don't try to use other software
designed to analyze timeseries in their trading. It also seems
to me that the consensus on the list is that systems should be
coded in VB. TradeLab supposedly has VB systems and
I assume MB's product will as well. So why not just use MatLab
which comes with DLLs and such and use it? Granted, last  time
I looked it was gonna cost me about $2,400 for MatLab and
the same for another module but...

    Joel