Re: TradeLab, TradeWare and MatLab

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Mark Brown wrote:

> figured after 10's of thousands in software cost (with matlab) I would cut
> my losses and move on.  They know much less about what a trader needs and
> wants and how to deliver that as our present software vendors do.  They are

  MATLAB was initially intended for scientific data analysis.
The array oriented language is very convenient for expressing
mathematical ideas.  In addition, these scientists that
use it are very `computer literate'. They usually do their own
codings.  So, MATLAB was built with their needs in mind.
Financial application was an ad-hoc area
developed later on.

btw, Another similar program, but not as popular
as MATLAB, is called GAUSS (www.aptech.com).
HP Wei