Re: Free Internet ISP

I've use NetZero as an alternate ISP, and my mom uses it as her
primary ISP.  How annoying the window is depends on the resolution
you run your machine.  At 600 x 800, I find it really annoying and
cannot find a good place to park it.  At 1162 x 864 or 1280 x 1024
there is enough screen real estate to park it out of the way (though
a few of the flashy advertisements are annoying no matter what
the resolution).  Note there are selections to turn off the window
title bar and selections making the window smaller.

My two complaints with NetZero are that 1) it spawns a browser and
takes you to a site at startup, and 2) it does not recognized any
activity but NetZero activity to keep it running.  That is if I download
files, check email, or browse, eventually I get a "NetZero will terminate
due to inactivity in 60 seconds, press to stay connected" or some
such thing.  If I am in the middle of a large file download and fail to
catch the message, my download is toast.

== Rob ==