Re: Resources

>>I am running TS2K with about 2 to 16% CPU usage under NT4 SP4  TS4 on
>>the same machine uses at least 56% CPU and a bit more memory.  I do have
>>dual 450 MHZ processors but TS4 is much more of a hog.  Unfortunately,
>>TS2K doesn't work very well if at all.  Some of the problems may be data

My TS2Ki GlobalServer uses about 16% CPU under Win98 (266MHz P2 with 128Mb
SDRAM, build 512). After booting the chart module, CPU usage jumps to the
30% level, considerably lower than TS4 which uses 100% on my setup. The
real problem with TS2Ki is that it hogs all memory. Just the act of booting
the chart module causes Norton System Doctor to issue an alert, "USER
resources are low," in my case that means less than 18% free, so  booting
the chart module almost crashes the machine.

I'm giving up on TS2Ki for now, it's just too much distraction and
contributes nothing to my trading with this build. Perhaps by the next
build we will at least have something operational. It took a while, but we
did learn to work with TS4 and I suppose eventually we will learn to live
with TS2Ki as well.