Re: What's the deal with TradeLab?

Allan Kaminsky <allank@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [TL] will enable intelligent traders who don't necessarily have
> formal scientific training to get on a significantly more level
> playing field by being able to marshal cutting-edge math tools in
> their approach to the trading environment.

Absolutely.  I didn't mean to imply you had to have a PhD in nuclear
physics to use it.  :-)  But TL is definitely aimed at a technically-
savvy trader, one who is comfortable doing modest (or significant)
programming, and one who either understands the complex mathematical
tools it offers or who is willing to learn them.  I think that will
narrow the potential market considerably.

I should also add that there's nothing *wrong* with the way that non-
technoid traders trade.  If you're good at reading charts and making
discretionary market calls, and you're making money at it, then by
all means do what works for you.  Some of us have fewer skills in
that area but more skills in the programming/etc field, and we'll do
what works for us.  And something like TL would be a good toolkit for
that.  As Allan says, it will hopefully offer us a new set of tools
to exploit previously-unavailable opportunities with very little
competition.

Gary