Re: Downloading from E-Mail to TradeStation 3.5

JAC1390@xxxxxxx writes:
>Previuos answers  while well appreciated do not work for TS 3.5...
>When I open TS folder I see downloaded formulas but I can't seem to get them
>into Tradestation. What am I doing wrong?? The files I downloaded were from
>Bob Cummings and Omega site.

The only way to "transfer" code into TS 3.5 is via the source,
the ascii plaintext.  This method of exchange has several advantages
anyway: it's clear to the recipient what they're importing, so they
can pick and choose whether they want to load this code into their
TradeStation; and it's vastly smaller in size - often 100:1 smaller.

The only advantage of compiled ela code is that SuperCharts users can
import it directly, if they have a recent enough version of SC.
Ela represents an advantage to Omega, I suppose, in that it inconveniences
owners of earlier-generation products like TS 3.5, and encourages
them to upgrade.

I strongly urge anyone interested in sharing code to simply copy and paste
the source text into something like a Notepad file and bypass Omega's
unfriendly procedures.  That way, everyone can see what you've got.

--
jimo@xxxxxxxxxx
maintainer of the omega list