Re: Downloading from E-Mail to TradeStation 3.5

-----Original Message-----
From: JAC1390@xxxxxxx <JAC1390@xxxxxxx>

> I know this is a simplistic question for most but...
>
>I have downloaded some Tradestation formulas from e-mail and from Omega
site.
>I am using TS 3.5 and Windows 98. I see files in AOL download but how do I
>transfer to TS 3.5???

If the file has the extension of ELA, it is a TS 4 indicator and cannot be
transferred into TS 3.5.

There are two ways to transfer indicators and systems into TS 3.5.

1. If it was transferred out of TS 3.5 it will have a group of files with
extensions of MST, ASC, & TBL.  To transfer these into TS 3.5, go to Power
Editor, then Utilities (Not File), Transfer.  A box asks where you want to
transfer to, and from.  To transfer in, it should be To: C:\OMEGA\TS\, the
>From is wherever the files are now.

It will then ask you if you want to transfer All, or Indicators, Systems,
Etc.  Be careful, TradeStation will replace any indicators, systems or
functions you have now with the transferred in ones if the names are the
same.  It doesn't warn you.  This is why  many people prefer the second
method, to transfer in as text files.

2.  To transfer in a function or indicator whose EasyLanguage code you
received in an e-mail, or in a text file, start the power editor, open a New
Indicator or System, then Cut and Paste from the text file into the Power
Editor using Ctrl-C to cut, and Ctrl-V to paste.  If there are User
Functions included, open a new user function and cut and paste into it.
When done, verify and save with the proper names.

This cut and paste method can also be used on functions transferred out of
TradeStation 3.5.  The files with a name xxxxxx.ASC are actually text files
and can be opened with notepad, or any text editor, and can be copied and
pasted as above.  File names starting with I are Indicators, F's are
functions, etc.

If you need any more help, e-mail me privately.

Jim Sullivan