Re: Tax advantages of incorporation ...

  • To: "omega list" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Tax advantages of incorporation ...
  • From: "Patrick White" <spy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:06:01 -0500 (EST)

>I can't vouch for your accountant -

***That would be me. Believe me, I work a lot harder for myself
than any other tax accountant would (better fees too).

>but mine can pull up anything on his
>computer (including all the regs. revenue rulings, tax court
cases,
>etc.) in about 10 seconds.  If yours can't - perhaps you need a
new
>accountant.

***Most veteran accountants have never heard of this stuff, let
alone have read the case law. Instead of studying the case law
and making a stand, most accountants would rather give your money
to the IRS and give you a guilt trip about being audited if you
don't. Believe me, you may have a knowledgable accountant, but
the one who actually processes your return knows little if
anything about the tax code (typically new CPAs or not yet
certified with less than 2 years experience. Some are just
interns who are still in college.) It's more assembly line than
anything else in preparation of taxes - even at the big firms.

>I also don't understand the bias against accountants in this
message.

***I'm not biased against them, just aware of some of the current
practices in the industry. I'm also aware of how accountants are
taught in school and the slant taken toward putting money into
the IRS' pockets. There are so many lawsuits out there that they
aren't able to be (or just don't)  as "creative" with helping
their clients save on taxes.

Patrick White  CPA