Re: Tax advantages of incorporation ...

"Patrick White" <spy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ***Most veteran accountants have never heard of this stuff, let
> alone have read the case law. Instead of studying the case law
> and making a stand, most accountants would rather give your money
> to the IRS ...

Actually, studying case law might not be all that useful for trader
tax issues.  There are several recent changes to the tax codes, in
1998 and 1/99, that would overturn previous case law.

You need a CPA who is up on the latest changes.  I use an outstanding
CPA who is normally a walking encyclopedia about all the ways to
sneak around the IRS, but since I am his only trader client (and I've
only recently started qualifying as a trader), even he knew nothing
about the specific issues.  It's very difficult to find a qualified
CPA who really knows what they're talking about in this area.

Gary