Re: QCharts New Beta

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 mb wrote:

>FutureSource
>can't auto correct during the day so what good is that?  SP Comstock derived
>variations of data feeds like the WOW people have no auto correct and only 2
>days of historical data.  We will offer a Perpetual (this is a trademark for
>CSI) real time intra day data contract.   We have made arrangements with CSI
>to provide their data in our application as well.
>
>mb

The thing is that all of these data providers that expect their
customers to collect data on their own machines are going to find
themselves being dumped in favor of the providers that give their
customers instant access to unlimited data over a network, like
Quote.com, PCQuote and the others.

I was surprised at how well it actually works with Quote.com. I only
have a 33.6k connection to the internet with an ISP run by some local
hackers (they're the only ones offering unlimited access in my area).
I have no problem keeping up with the few dozen symbols I'm watching.
I expected some reliability problems using a dial-up connection, but
everything has been smooth. It seems the internet is getting more
reliable every day, and I've seen many more problems discussed by
people with satellite and cable feeds on this list than on the two
Quote.com lists I watch.

And even if I lose my connection it's no big deal. For example, even
though my ISP allows unlimited access they cut off users after four
consecutive hours. I just dial back in and all my charts update
without missing a tick. Takes about a minute. There's no requirement
to stay connected to a data feed since all the data is available all
the time.

Looking forward to see what you can do with your software ideas Mark.
If you can put out something that is programmable, and can run systems
in real-time, and eliminates all the data collection hassles then I
would buy it in a minute, as I think would many others.

Dave