Re: Where is Pierre Orphelin ?

>My point is very different: We attempt to use the power of the >computer
with some intelligence behind. This resides in some smart >coding for what a
small palmtop computer will be enough to produce >results that you could
maybe achieve with a Cray machine.

Pierre:

I t certainly sounds like a nice concept....and I've reviewed your software.

I hear you talking a good rap about how well it works...even looked back at
the many past postings in the archives you've made about it.

However, at $4,000 a whack I think you are pricing yourself way out of the
marketplace.  Yeah you'll get a few eccentrics looking for the grail, but
I'll bet you'd sell a shitload of them if you guys priced them down around a
"reasonable" $1500-$2,000 or so.  You'd make MUCH more money in the long
run. After you get a wide following, bring the price up...but get them into
people's hands first. After all, it is a new piece of software that needs
exposure and people to testify  that have used it.

I used the demo, but couldn't get serious about learning the intricate
details 'cuz of the price....pity -   Maybe your buddies at Jewel need some
talking to....

Just to show my sincerity as a potential customer, I just went out and blew
$2,300 on a full blown neural and fuzzy logic package put out by a major
Neural/Fuzzy company...you would recognize their name. After looking at
about 8 demos from various companies, this was the most sophisticated,
leading edge  and  open ended.   AND, the most expensive, not including
yours, of course. They've been at it since 1988. They don't even have a TS
interface, etc...I've had to set that up myself.

I'm sure you'll come back and do another commercial about it's wonderful
features, but I'm afraid most of us will not shell out  $4K for an untested
piece of software.....or should I say "tested" by a group of our peers with
favorable reviews.

If yours was priced around the  $2,000 range you'd have had another customer
here....I'm actually a little disappointed in a way....

Later,

Tom Cathey