RE: NT problem

At this point and without a recent system backup, you might as well
re-format the partition and re-install NT. I do not think that copying the
system files and registry from one machine to another will work. Even if
they were identical, this may not work and you'd wind up simply
re-installing a third or fourth time.

Sometimes, I have resolved problems like this by re-installing the latest
service pack (#4). Some applications overwrite system DLLs with older
versions and these do not work well together.

-- Roy