NT problem

When I tried to install firewall software SyGate on my internet machine, NT
crashed and would not come back b/c SyGate had locked some system files, so
I had to remove the machine from the network and reinstall NT, but the
reinstalled NT is somehow corrupt and behaves strangely.  I have a
well-working NT on another machine on the network.  Can I get a clean NT by
deleting all NT files on my internet machine machine and replacing them
with all the NT files from the working NT?