Re: 2000 ProSuite and BMI feed

I didn't have a major problem installing the TS 2000 upgrade.   I was already running the
BMI MarketCenter, which I downloaded from BMI - which is Build 77.    Global Server found
the BMI Data Server was already installed and running and the Global Server starting
collecting symbols from it.    I had no problem with ODBC, even though I think I had
installed ODBC with Visual Basic 5.  The TradeStation install had a couple of minor
problems which I listed below.

At a first glance TS Charting looks much the same as it did in TS 4, however in the quote
window it seems the TRADE TIMES are not being reported correctly in Quote Windows.   I set
the clock ahead a few minutes on my TS 2000 machine, and TS 2000 Quote Window started
reported trades around the time on that computer, while TS 4 was reporting the actual
trade time.   For example TS 4 showed ES9M traded at 1268.5 at 2:29 AM (EST).   TS 2000
(with the computer clock ahead) reported ES9M traded at 1268.5 at 2:35 AM (or a couple
minute AHEAD of the actual time).

I also noticed one usability issue that anyone but Omega would have fixed.

In order to test TS 2000 real-time data collection, I'm storing all futures, future
options, indices, plus a few Nasdaq 100 stocks in 1 Tick, 1 Minute and 1 Day.    I haven't
tried conversion yet.   I already had BMI Data Manager running, so to get this far took
only a couple hours - without conversion.

Install problems are listed below.

First, TS 2000 installed OK, but didn't create an Omega Group Folder in the correct
Programs Folder (I was signed on as Administrator).   In fact I don't know what Program
Folder it used.   This is with NT SP4.   That is if I click Start, the Omega folder does
NOT appear in the list of program groups.

Second when I went to install the Developer's Kit, the install generated an error saying I
was running McAfee UnInstallShield.   The Developer Kit install then seemed to cancel
saying I had to close UnInstallSheild.    In fact the install didn't cancel and I could
continue to install the Developer's Kit with UnInstallShield still running.

Third I have no idea why the TS 2000 install wanted me to install the DBC Stock Edge -
whatever that is.   I cancelled it.

Fourth, after I've started the BMI Data Manager and then start Global Server, I receive a
message about saving 40 Meg or RAM.   I have 256 Meg so saving 40 Meg isn't an issue.   I
don't know how to get rid of this message.

--- Chris