TS2k upgrade and y2k patch

I ordered my Tradestation upgrade and spoke with Doreen about some Omega
policies and plans:

- My upgrade cost from TS4.0 to TS2k is $499.95, with a 30-day money
  back guarantee. (Since I spread the payment over six months, hassles
  over the guarantee can be arbitrated by my credit card company.)

- Yes, I can run TS2k on my development computer for testing and
  evaluation. I will get a 30-day(?) password based on my computer's
  "fingerprint".

- Yes, I can move TS2k from my development computer to my trading
  computer. All I need is a new password based on the second
  computer's fingerprint. I will have no difficulty getting the
  second password. The first password would expire normally.

- Passwords will only be good for one year. No more "for life"
  passwords.

- If Omega's records show that I have TS2k, I will not be eligible
  for the TS4.0 y2k patch. I will be eligible for the patch if I
  "return" TS2k. Omega's policy does not allow TS4.0 and TS2k to
  run on the same machine. Presumably, Omega feels running on two
machines requires two licenses.

- The TS4.0 y2k patch is not free(!), but the price has not yet been
  announced. The patch will also be fingerprinted to my machine(!),
  and under password control. (I don't know if the password is good
  "for life".)

- I should receive my installation disk in about seven days.

Personally, I will evaluate TS2k to find out if it satisfies my
particular trading requirements.

I find the yk2 policy unsettling. If TS2k doesn't satisfy me, I'll look
elsewhere.

/Greg