Re: TS2k upgrade and y2k patch

Dear Gregory:

You wrote:

If Omega's records show that I have TS2k, I will not be eligible
for the TS4.0 y2k patch. I will be eligible for the patch if I
"return" TS2k. Omega's policy does not allow TS4.0 and TS2k to
run on the same machine. Presumably, Omega feels running on two
machines requires two licenses.

The TS4.0 y2k patch is not free(!), but the price has not yet been
announced. The patch will also be fingerprinted to my machine(!),
and under password control. (I don't know if the password is good
"for life".)

Your post prompted me to call Omega concerning the above.

The sales rep I talked to said you could get a Y2K patch for TS4 even if
you have upgraded to TS2000i.

He said the charge for the patch would probably be S&H.

He said he noted on my account that I am to receive a Y2K patch.

He also said they're not sent out automatically, so it seems once the patch
is available, you must call Omega and request it.

Would appreciate others feedback on their experiences in regards to getting
a Y2K patch after having upgraded to TS2000i.

Regards,

FPI