Re: Neural Networks - Fuzzy Logic

Dans un courrier daté du 13/03/99 04:48:52 Heure d4iver Pari52 Madrid,
K1JJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> Btw, I've traded commoditiies since 1978.  Based on Day Trading the S&P 500
>  realtime most every day since 1994,  here's my thoughts:
>
>  Though I hate rigid systems,  maybe a temporary system will help to
quantify
>  things somewhat better in preparation for the neural training. The reason I
>  felt the fuzzy logic may help is because my normal decision making normally
>  discounts certain indicators at times based on market action.

Yes.
Fuzzy logic interprets your indicators in a different way according to the
value of the others indicators and their respective fuzzy set membership.
For example, indic1 will not have the same meaning ( rule) dregarding to what
indic2, 3 do at the same time.

>  Example: I usually buy and sell into panics. However, if I saw some
>  particurlarly bullish QUIET sequence setting up, I would not look to see my
>  panic indicator flash a buy signal. It may be at 50-50 instead.
>
>  I am convinced in my personal trading that the markets are constantly
>  changing hour to hour and day to day and that a rigid system will not
>  consistantly beat the market over time...for that reason.  In fact my best
>  trades are when I look for the exact opposite to occur after some event.
>
>  Broad Example: After a run up and then a mild correction followed by
another
>  runup, I will look for a run up followed by a very sharp correction next
>  time...anything to screw the majority.
>
>  As for choosing the correct neural software and interfaces...I must admit
>  the suggestions offered have confused me more. I can program EL well....but
>  don't see the advantage of adding an external spreadsheet to use a real
time
>  Neural....vs: just running TS in the charting mode as it is with the
>  indicators plotted on the screen, with a neural hopefully adding a new
>  "Summary" input into my thought processes.

The external interface is necessary to avoid the train outside TS / test
inside TS multiple sequences, if you want to build an AI predictor based on
any performance summary field.

>  I'm leaning towards N-Train because of it's "low" $906 price (counting the
>  TS interface) and it's real time capability. (some others as NeuralShell
>  Ward are only EOD)  I'm not sure about N-Train's neurofuzzy logic
>  capabilities as Pierre kindly pointed out.

N-Train is a NN software.
The version that I used was a DOS based interface.
It had no fuzzy logic in it.

>That feature may be very
>  important for me because of the flexibility needed...assuming fuzzies are
>  not totally rigid like the neurals I've used in the past....they all blew
>  out big time in real time, of course...curve fitted.  I need to learn more
>  about what they can and cannot do in gray areas that equates to flexibility
>  of rules and parameters once trained.  The LAST thing I want to do is to
>  curve fit these indicators.

Yes.

>  Pierre, based on what I've mentioned here, which module that you discussed
>  would be best for my purposes? I am not sure of the differences between the
>  three you offer for $4,000.... I was confused of the pricing from your web
>  page....maybe tell me privately.

The price is really this one and includes all the tools to do the following

1) Build an ASCII file with your  indicators ( TS template provided)
2) Go into Safir and load the ASCII file. All the rest is automated.
3)Once the correct sytem found, save it (as a FZB file) and go back toTS. Then
aplly the system template calling the FZB file ( that is the neurofuzzy system
built during step 2).
4)You may then retrain the FZB fle in TradeStation using an other template.

N_Train follows the same process, excepted that step 2 is not automated and
trains on RMSE error.
step 4) is not possible.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin