Re: Neural Networks - Fuzzy Logic

Hi Phil -

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I may take your suggestion and refine
the system approach again, as a first step.

Btw, I've traded commoditiies since 1978.  Based on Day Trading the S&P 500
realtime most every day since 1994,  here's my thoughts:

Though I hate rigid systems,  maybe a temporary system will help to quantify
things somewhat better in preparation for the neural training. The reason I
felt the fuzzy logic may help is because my normal decision making normally
discounts certain indicators at times based on market action.

Example: I usually buy and sell into panics. However, if I saw some
particurlarly bullish QUIET sequence setting up, I would not look to see my
panic indicator flash a buy signal. It may be at 50-50 instead.

I am convinced in my personal trading that the markets are constantly
changing hour to hour and day to day and that a rigid system will not
consistantly beat the market over time...for that reason.  In fact my best
trades are when I look for the exact opposite to occur after some event.

Broad Example: After a run up and then a mild correction followed by another
runup, I will look for a run up followed by a very sharp correction next
time...anything to screw the majority.

As for choosing the correct neural software and interfaces...I must admit
the suggestions offered have confused me more. I can program EL well....but
don't see the advantage of adding an external spreadsheet to use a real time
Neural....vs: just running TS in the charting mode as it is with the
indicators plotted on the screen, with a neural hopefully adding a new
"Summary" input into my thought processes.

I'm leaning towards N-Train because of it's "low" $906 price (counting the
TS interface) and it's real time capability. (some others as NeuralShell
Ward are only EOD)  I'm not sure about N-Train's neurofuzzy logic
capabilities as Pierre kindly pointed out.  That feature may be very
important for me because of the flexibility needed...assuming fuzzies are
not totally rigid like the neurals I've used in the past....they all blew
out big time in real time, of course...curve fitted.  I need to learn more
about what they can and cannot do in gray areas that equates to flexibility
of rules and parameters once trained.  The LAST thing I want to do is to
curve fit these indicators.

Pierre, based on what I've mentioned here, which module that you discussed
would be best for my purposes? I am not sure of the differences between the
three you offer for $4,000.... I was confused of the pricing from your web
page....maybe tell me privately.

Any more info from others will be appreciated. I will post my results to the
list once I settle into a solution in real time with results.

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

Tom Cathey

Inter-Galatic Disco Duck  Warm and Fuzzy Trading