re: DTN

Earl,

I think there might be some confusion out there about our internet data
feeds.  While technically our internet services are delivered to
"proprietary" software interfaces, please understand what that really
means.  Our regular satellite data/news stream is being received by a third
party software vendor's server and being distributed via the internet to
client software in a network configuration (this does not apply to DTN IQ).
 If Howard were to develop a network version of Ensign I doubt that DTN
would have problems with him offering the same type of service (again just
my opinion, I personally do not get involved with those types of
negotiations).  This is how we are currently offering DTN's futures data
over the internet.  I want to make it clear that it is not DTN's own
software distributing or receiving the data.  The software/servers are
those from third party software vendors whose software has this capability
(I'm sure we have significant say in QC and other factors).

I feel pretty certain that DTN would welcome network versions of Ensign,
Omega, and other software vendors as long as they could offer the market
potential and security features that we would require. Currently DTN IQ
still does not offer futures quotes, though I am sure that issue is being
looked at as well.  But from what I understand about DTN IQ's structure, it
is doubtful that will ever be anything but a true proprietary platform.

I do know that at least one of the network packages has an excellent DDE
link capability.  Perhaps Ensign could read DDE data?  I don't know, that
is well beyond my expertise.

On a side note, while I welcome anyone to choose our internet service over
a competitor's...I'm not sure I understand what the advantage would be for
you to switch to a DTN internet fed Ensign vs. your Signal online.
Understand that we are talking hypothetically since we do not currently
feed Ensign over the internet.  What are the shortcomings of your current
set up?  Maybe I just don't know the competitor's product well enough, but
there probably wouldn't be a huge price difference.  The nature of internet
data is such that speed and quality are much less of an issue, in my
opinion there is no way that internet can compete with satellite/cable.  I
really would appreciate your feed back on this.  I run into more and more
customers every day who are willing to compromise price and quality for
internet convenience.  I do understand that many people don't have any
other choice but internet data, but even those who can have a dish or cable
access will still choose internet.  I look forward to hearing more on this.

Regards,

Kevin Lee/DTN

PS As far as 32 bit Ensign goes, I and others at DTN are well up to speed
on it's capabilities.  Almost every DTN I sell gets partnered with Ensign
32.  It is the software that I use in my own trading.  Whenever I do a
demo, or when I am at a trade show chances are that Ensign is what will be
running on my laptop.  I also like Investor RT from LinnSoft, but I have
much more experience with Ensign.