Re: Y2K Patch - "African" possible solution

Johan suggests:
> Subtract 50 years from all the data's dates between years 1950 to 2050.
> It then gives "African" data dates between 1900 to 1999 (and then one has
> to add mentally 50 years for the real current year.)

I've actually considered this if we don't get a Y2K patch. I have one
particular EOD calc that ONLY works with TS4. TS5 or some other program
is not an option.

Through a little trial and error, it turns out that the correct number
to add/subtract is 28 years (or some multiple of that). The calender
exactly repeats itself every 28 years. If you use some other number of
years, you will get trading days that TS thinks fall on a weekend. TS4
won't plot ascii data for weekends.

ps - the official omega statement on y2k is well buried but it's still
on their web at:

  http://www.omegaresearch.com/support/techbulletins_y2k-2/

They are still promising a patch and will 'try' to have it out by
6/30/99. :-)

--
   Dennis
   Pondering "Y to K" on a boring Saturdak