Linux, Unix and WindowsNT

Someone asked how one could run Linux and WindowsNT concurrently.
I have a copy of Open/NT from Interex (nee Softway) but I'm not
currently using it on my WinNT box.  They have a write-up about
the concurrent operation of Linux and WinNT at:

http://www.interix.com/linux/index.html

Part of the blurb says:

Just as it does with UNIX system applications, INTERIX on Windows NT also runs
Linux apps. The question has been asked, why would anyone want to run Linux
apps, on INTERIX, on Windows NT? The answer is simple: Linux users often must
use Windows NT in their corporate environment. By adding INTERIX, they can
easily run their LINUX and UNIX applications while on Windows NT. INTERIX
provides a true open system environment, without affecting Windows NT
applications or performance."

I've only lightly tested Open/NT, but it seemed to work as a UNIX
system should.  Looks like their system w/o X Windows is about $300,
with X Windows about $600.

I'm re-engineering my UNIX-based system (all C code) in CodeWarrior.  Porting
is not exactly straightforward, but the documentation CD-ROM just arrived
and that could help a lot.  The system then can be targeted to WinNT native,
Open/NT under WindowsNT, MacOS, MachTen under MacOS, Linux, and real UNIX.

National Public Radio this morning had a piece on Linux, as the Linux
Conference opens today.  That should be available on the Web in RealAudio.
Try http://www.wksu.org/news/ but I can't remember if it was the 7:00
broadcast (Coffee run) or the 8:00 broadcast (Dog run).

Cheers,
Rob Lake
rbl@xxxxxxxxxxx