Re: Omega Announces Prices for Products

>I just resubscribed to this list - because now that it's 1999 - I hope I
can
>get my systems Y2K compliant.  I've been interested in replacing my very
old
>SuperCharts with the new TradeStation.  But - when I spoke with Omega this
>week - I got confused about the EOD vendors the new TradeStation will
>support.  One salesperson told me that the new version won't support any
data
>in Metastock format (or other formats - like CSI - for that matter).  This
is
>a problem for me - since I have all my data in Metastock format - and some
of
>it is impossible to duplicate without reentering all of it by hand (like 70
>years worth of weekly advance/decline data from Barron's).

Is this for real? Surely the big team of Omega programmers can do what a
simple Australian programmer Bryce Gilmore can do for his WaveTrader
software - get it to work with the new MetaStock data format.  What issue
would Omega have with CSI.  This is really bizarre as the data format for
MetaStock V6.52 is very easy to use.

Seems to me that Omega SC & TS had a big advantage over the competition in
that you could use almost any data format except Techtools (politics I
guess).  Data causes more drama than software for traders - so can we assume
that Omega do not want us to buy their product anymore as the vast majority
of EOD users use MetaStock format.  If so you can still use your SC 4 on
metastock data it just comes up with display as the Year 2000 being "100"
after 99. No big deal no need for upgrade.

David Hunt
http://www.adest.com.au