RE: Protecting Software (Was: And the plot thickens...)

Mark,

Any EXE or DLL can be protected similar to how some of the TS4 binaries are
protected. If you combine this with a loader or routines that use an in
memory encryption algorithm at runtime, you can probably deter at least 80%
of the people. However, you may also become a target to the elite because of
the challenge and the assumption that there must be some "goodies" hidden in
there to warrant such protection.

http://www.traderhouse.com <http://www.traderhouse.com/targets.htm>

I have no idea what the cost is for this.

If the cost is prohibitive or simply do not want to send them your source
code, then a simple compression and run time self-extraction may deter
passive hacking.

http://www.blinkinc.com/ <http://www.blinkinc.com/>

-- Roy