And the chicken plots..

Dans un courrier daté du 07/02/99 18:29:53 Heure d6iver Pari53 Madrid,
lwright@xxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 Orphelin@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>  > As the code was readable, some users tried to copy only the ASC file
> directly to TS directory .
>  > Of course , this produced a major erroe when running TS.
>
>  How so? - uncompiled code is not used in TS.  Major?  Hardly, compared to
>  the inconvenience of ela files.

ASC files are indexed in a master file.
Copying a wrong ASCII file with the wrong number name (Sxxx.ASC for example)
producesan error.
This has been seen in tha past.
ELA files forbid this.

>  > TS = 2399.40 $
>  > SC = 395.00$
>  >
>  > Do you see a difference between two numbers above ?
>
>  Of course - that is *exactly* my point.  Omega does not care how much
>  inconvenience they heap on users as long as *they* make money doing it.

Stupid.

>  They had a problem with their watered-down TS (trying to compete with
>  Metastock).  They couldn't let it be too powerful or they would lose
>  sales of TS, so they introduced a *major* inconvenience to get around
>  *their* marketing problem.

See above

>  > >  If they were ASCII, one could do some very nice things.  For example,
>  > >  have about 4 Gigs of reference material, in > 20,000 files.  If I'm
>  > >  looking for, say, "close stop", I can find ALL instances of that
phrase
> in
>  > >  the 4 Gigs in only a few seconds, and scan through them very easily.
> If I
>  > >  come upon the code I need, I can easily copy & paste it.  *Very* fast,
> but
>  > >  NOT with those awful .ela files.
>  > >
>  >
>  > See above.
>
>  Ahhh - it appears that you, as well as Omega, don't care about providing
>  convenience to TS users -- I'm beginning to understand your perspective
>  after all.  If I'm wrong, please list at least three things that Omega
>  could do (that are NOT in TS5, to avoid any more Omega-can-do-no-wrong
>  comments) to make things easier for users.  With all your TS experience,
>  there must be at least that many <grin>.

I have posted numerous improvments requests in the past and have made a
special trip to Miami regarding to the improvements to be discussed for TS5.
I have no reason to give this away in a public forum where competitors ( or
canditate to) are lurking.
You will see  afterTS2000 will be released.
Some improvements came from me and some others.
Seems that your are beginning to uinderstand nothing at all to my
perspective....

>  > >  > OMZ format changes every major version, so it's not designed to be a
>  > > standard.
>  > >
>  > >  Hey - just post the new format on the Omega web site.  No problem...
>  > >
>  >
>  > I'm a TradeStation user, not the  product designer.
>
>  But would that not be easy to do and be a nice service to sophisticated
>  users willing to take the risks?
>
>  Is it so hard for you to admit that Omega could do something to make
>  lives easier for users?

Yes.
Your improvements are based on the assumption t that the end user can do
anything at their own risk ( ASCII and DAT files manipulation).
Of course, this is the beginning of the End for Omega that will be sued by
incompetent users that will modify the software and produce costly errors.
Providen that a lot have difficulties with even simple EL code, it's easy to
imagine the size of the disaster..

>  >
>  > Yes, but not directly with Access or VB
>
>  I agree.  It is so easy to link VB and Access that I forget the
>  distinction you are making.  My apologies.

Accepted.

>  > You need to use  a C compiler with the API.
>
>  (VB <---> Access) <---> C-compiled DLL <---> API
>
>  This is more along the lines I was thinking about, IF you have to go
>  through the API.
>
>  Would it not be easier if they simply revealed the data base format? Then:
>  (VB <---> Access) <---> data base
>
>  > Access reads the symbol universe, not the OMZ f or DAT files.
>
>  I know, that was part of my point...
>
>  I am saddened to learn that you, also, apparently do not seem to care
>  about providing the most convenience and support for users.  If you do, it
>  is never evident in any of your communications.

You MUST read between the line and not try to only read what will not agree
with you.

>  But perhaps my conclusion is wrong, and you could point out the messages
>  where you have suggested things Omega could do to help users more than
>  they do.

Perhaps this is maybe not true

>  And *please*, no more "TS5 has everything anyone could want" answers...

No.
Prosuite 2000i has things that you cannot yet imagine.

Could we stop this thread now ?

-Pierre Orphelin