Sluggish system

For the last week or so, my system (a Pentium 200MMX, 64MB RAM,
running W95) has been very sluggish.  It seems like a few times every
second it pauses a bit, like it was off executing something else.
The mouse is fairly jerky, getting "stuck" for a few tenths of a
second as I move it.  Sometimes it even drops keys while I'm typing.

I'm used to the Server eating up all available CPU time.  This is
different, and it's only been happening recently.  I've done a bunch
of changes to my system recently (from letting Windows manage my swap
file, to installing new software, to installing a new modem) so one
of those may be responsible, but I don't think so.

Why?  Because this only happens when Tradestation is running.  The
Charting app seems to be eating CPU time now, just like the Server.
Normally, if it's just sitting there displaying charts, it uses
almost no CPU time.  But recently it seems to be fighting with the
Server for the biggest CPU hog.  Typically the Server is running at
about 50-70% CPU usage, TS_Chart.Exe runs at about 20-40%, and the
other 20 or so process collectively use 10% or less.  (Those CPU
numbers come from WINTOP.)

I'm not running any optimizations or anything like that.  I've got
lots of charts in 5 workspaces, many with systems running in them,
but that's nothing new.  I don't know what's changed in the past week
to make TS start eating more CPU.  And I don't understand how even
piggy TS processes could interfere with high-priority things like
mouse and keyboard handlers.

Any guesses??
Thanks,
Gary