Re: And the plot thickens..

Dans un courrier daté du 05/02/99 19:02:34 Heure d7iver Pari34 Madrid,
sptradr@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> UMCANE01@xxxxxxx wrote:
>  >But on the horizon...a new player on the block??
>
>http://www.quicken.excite.com/investments/news/story/?story=/news/stories/b
>  w/1
>  >9990205/a1203.htm&symbol=omga
>
>  And when OMGA thought they had easy sailing when BB managed to piss off a
>  good many of his potential TL customers...<g> God, how I love this
country!!!
> !
>
>  TH

At least, you will be enforced to recognize that I was not wrong.
TS2000i and Prosuite 2000i have so many features and so many versatile way of
use that it will leave far behind any competitor starting to challenge them
for now.

I received the latest build, and the answer is clear: TradeStation 2000 or
paperbag trading for the next years.
Do not know OMGA stock level, but I would no be surprised of a huge uptrend
when these products are to be released.

For years, we have heard complaints her and calls for Competitor to beat the
ugly OMGA company.
Again you will see that I was right and all of this noise was done for
nothing:
Any previous TS user will be glad to use the true TS replacement in the next
future :TS2000i, and the previous 2 years thread will be past history in a few
weeks

Ah, a new one in the starting block:
FutureSource, that has sung the same tune for years: we will do better than
TS!

>  FutureSource Announces Omega TradeStation Competitor
>  Friday, February 5, 1999 11:31 AM  Mail this article to a friend  new!
>
>  LOMBARD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 5, 1999--
>
>  Brand new high-end analytical software with powerful client/server
>  architecture will pave way for significant growth in professional trading
>  market.
>
>  FutureSource Information Systems, Inc. announced today that it will be
>  launching the industry's next generation of trading software that will
>  provide a true trader intuitive interface along with sophisticated charting
>  and analysis tools, all to run via NT networks and TCP/IP architecture.
>  This product is designed to be a stronger piece of analytical software than
>  Omega (NASDAQ: OMGA) TradeStation software using FutureSource's award
>  winning datafeed and its "best in the industry"

Please note that "is designed to be a stronger piece.." is incorrect.
The rest of the text claims that the opening of TS2000i to others providers
will clearly eat their market place.
Be prepare for 4 colors ads to demonstrate their superiorioty.

The rest of their  text is even more clear:

"We saw the direction that Omega was going by signing up so many different
vendors to drive TradeStation sales," added McIntyre. "We did not feel we
could maintain the quality of software and service that our customers
demand without our own high quality product."

Hehe...
This is a not a TradeStation replacement: This is an income replacement!

Even Mark Brown seems to have  inflenced them:
"We have been concerned for some
time about the quality of Omega's customer service and support for their
product, as well as their substantial delays in coming to market with the
new version and the Y2K fix they need to protect their current customers.
Omega has not provided FutureSource with a Y2K patch yet, and the earliest
we could expect it was the middle of this year -- our customers depend on
us to provide them with more reliable solutions. By offering our own,
better product and supporting it with our 24-hour customer service around
the world, the end user has a much better experience," stated McIntyre.

.... so they will certainly fail with such support.

A proprietary software on a proprietary data feed is a stupidity.
Either what they will do will not be at the level of TS2000i, or it will have
no success excepted with some FS customers.
This recalls to me tha past experience of Telerate ( bought Computrac, then
killed computrac, before  killling themselves), and Reuters, bigger that
Telerate, unable to build a serious trading software, so they bought
Metastock.

But fortunately, FS will succeed! ( do not tell them there is a risk, they
believe they are the best of the best).

Omega has more than 200 Employees and they do only one thing : Trading
software development, with the difficulties that all of us can imagine when
seeing the TS5 delay.

"FutureSource, with 145 employees, has offices in Lombard, IL, Chicago, New
York, Houston, Miami,
Los Angeles, London, Sydney, and Sao Paulo, along with reseller offices
that combine to serve twenty-one different countries"

They certainly will do better with less employee and doing a double business (
datafeed + software)

We can add for now FutureSource to the list of  self  proclamed Omega software
serious replacement companies  directory, well known to the readers of this
one.

Do not be in dispair, we even have in France software developers that claims
their product better than TS.
This is partially exact when comparing with TradeStation V1.01

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin.