Re: And the plot thickens..

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 Orphelin@xxxxxxx wrote:

> For years, we have heard complaints her and calls for Competitor to beat the
> ugly OMGA company.

Gee - maybe if Omega listened to and treated its customers better, that
wouldn't happen.  Why else would there be *so* many complaints?  Their
support is so bad that I now turn first to this list, and only call Omega
if it is necessary.  How many others find that Omega support does not go
much beyond "click the start icon?" How many times are they unable to
provide a useful answer?  And just *try* to get a decent answer about
Queasy Language.  I, for one, have given up on Omega ever providing decent
support, and would love to see some competitors.

> A proprietary software on a proprietary data feed is a stupidity.

          (writer dons cynics hat)
Hmmm... let's see...  Queasy language, .omz files, .ela files, server
data files... Yeah, I guess everyone uses these -- nothing proprietary
about Omega -- everything is completely open, easy, and transparent for
users. Nothing proprietary about Omega stuff.
          (writer removes cynics hat)

> But fortunately, FS will succeed!

I certainly hope so - Omega needs all the competition it can get!

I know from your posts, Pierre, that Omega can do no wrong for you, but
please realize that not all of us share your enthusiasm for Omega.

Omega probably does listen to 'solution providers' such as yourself, but
it *certainly* doesn't listen to, or provide decent support for, their
long-term users.

Since 80%+ of traders bomb out quickly, the Omega business model is likely
to be: Sell as many to beginners as possible, get them to buy as much
training and add-ons as possible, and make sure they *can't* sell all that
junk when they bomb out.  No need for more than simple "here's how to turn
it on" support is needed, except for a small minority of people who
actually keep using it. Not worth the cost of providing good support for
those folks -- forget them.

Seems to fit well, no?

Larry Wright