To: <Undisclosed.Recipients@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: And the plot thickens...
From: "Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999

On Fri, 05 Feb 1999 11:58:38 -0600, xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx wrote:
But on the horizon... a new player on the block??
http://www.quicken.excite.com/investments/news/story/?story=/news/stories/

And when OMGA thought they had easy sailing when BB managed to piss
off a good many of his potential TL customers...<g> God, how I love
this country!!!!
TH

FutureSource Announces Omega TradeStation Competitor
Friday, February 5, 1999 11:31 AM  Mail this article to a friend  new!

LOMBARD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 5, 1999--

Brand new high-end analytical software with powerful client/server
architecture will pave way for significant growth in professional
trading market.

FutureSource Information Systems, Inc. announced today that it will be
launching the industry's next generation of trading software that will
provide a true trader intuitive interface along with sophisticated
charting and analysis tools, all to run via NT networks and TCP/IP
architecture.  This product is designed to be a stronger piece of
analytical software than Omega (NASDAQ: OMGA) TradeStation software
using FutureSource's award winning datafeed and its "best in the
industry" customer service.

The software has been developed in partnership over the past two years
with an international development firm, and is based on over 20 years
of experience serving the professional trading, institutional and
brokerage markets. "This application will allow professional traders,
for the first time, to have the high-end analysis software tool that
they want to use, running on the platform that they need to use it on,
supported by the type of service they can depend on," noted Doug
McIntyre, President of FutureSource. "We have listened to what the
professional trading market has told us...Provide a powerful trading
application, operating with client server technology on an NT network
or as a standalone, integrated with institutional quality data, and
support it with the type of service you guys are known for," commented
McIntyre. "We have been concerned for some time about the quality of
Omega's customer service and support for their product, as well as
their substantial delays in coming to market with the new version and
the Y2K fix they need to protect their current customers.  Omega has
not provided FutureSource with a Y2K patch yet, and the earliest we
could expect it was the middle of this year -- our customers depend on
us to provide them with more reliable solutions. By offering our own,
better product and supporting it with our 24-hour customer service
around the world, the end user has a much better experience," stated
McIntyre.

"We saw the direction that Omega was going by signing up so many
different vendors to drive TradeStation sales," added McIntyre. "We
did not feel we could maintain the quality of software and service
that our customers demand without our own high quality product."

"Our goal, very simply stated, is to replace Omega as the trading
software for the thousands of customers who use it here and abroad,"
McIntyre added.  "With our years of market experience and outstanding
customer service, we believe this is an attainable goal."

The software, to be named FutureSource Professional, is currently in
beta and will be available for sale in March of this year. "This
clearly gives FutureSource a competitive edge in the marketplace,"
adds Chris Mahlmann, Marketing Director. "No other market data vendor
can deliver the software, network, data, and service combination that
FutureSource now will be able to provide at a price anywhere close to
ours - It will be a killer package."

FutureSource Information Systems, Inc. is a recognized leader in
delivering real-time quotes and news from futures and options
exchanges around the world, and is known for the quality of its data.
FutureSource, with 145 employees, has offices in Lombard, IL, Chicago,
New York, Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, London, Sydney, and Sao Paulo,
along with reseller offices that combine to serve twenty-one different
countries. For more information about FutureSource, visit
http://www.futuresource.com.

CONTACT: Chris Mahlmann, Director of Marketing & Product
Development, 630-792-2001  cmahlmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
Dick La Monica, General Manager, FutureSource.com
212-668-0071