Re: Trouble in Paradise : Repost

>P.S. Here's part of Bob Brickey's reply to Earl Adamy, posted to the
TradeLab List:

>We didn't offer to provide beta software without charge.

Why Brickey?

> We also didn't
>allow it to be ordered and returned within a few days, because almost
>everyone would want it on that basis, and:

Doesn't sense at all?

>1. There is significant cost involved in providing installation CD's and
>Hardlocks.  Hardlocks are expensive.

oh yea about 5.00 each

>In addition to that, each Hardlock and
>associated key diskette has to be custom programmed for each user.

get real a machine does that

>2. There is a limit to the number of testers it is practical to use.

yea whats the limit 1,000,000.00

>The
>objective is to find and correct problems, not to find customers or expose
>TradeLab to a large number of people.  There is no reason to have an
>unnecessarily large group finding problems much faster than they can be
>fixed

yea a big crowd of angry people would hunt you down, better to keep the rip
off to as few people as possible!!!

>3. There would be significant cost in providing technical support to a
large
>number of new users who know almost nothing about the product.  There is no
>reason to provide that technical support to more people than we need for
>testing.

if you dont have the money and time, then why ask for us all to finance it
for you.  unless you want to sell stock in the company..

>4. Some aspects of TradeLab have not been announced.  We do not want to
>disclose them generally until the product is ready for general release.

Yea Bob, you have been wearing this thin now for some time.  FACTS are I saw
no special features at Utah.  Neither did anyone else, hell it took a whole
day to get a moving average on it to plot..  All you have done Bob is hold a
carrot out for us all and I'm not falling for it twice.

>We have no argument with anyone who thinks the discount is not fair
>compensation for licensing the software now and performing that work.
>Plenty of people, possibly more than we can use, think it is.

Well if plenty of people are willing to pay you up front a second time shame
on them.  You haven't done anything to compensate the first people who
bought the first modules that do nothing.  Ask any of them about your
credibility, Bob and they will tell you that you scammed them.  I believe
you scammed us all who attended Utah, that aside you have at least
misrepresentation abilities and TradeLabs abilities.

>It is merely
>an option for those who think it is a good deal and who are serious about
>testing.

Someone who talked to Bob told me that he wanted to see first how the
response was from the beta before he committed to a final release.  Bob can
you promise there will be a final release?  If you did I couldn't believe
you anyway..

>Anyone who doesn't think it is a good deal, or who merely wants to
>see the software now to satisfy their curiosity, should ignore the offer
and
>wait for the final release.

Only an idiot would think giving you any more money would be a good idea you
pied piper!   I wont hold my breath waiting for your final release, you can
now officially join the VaporWare Hall of fame.....

have a great life con man Bob/Bill two of a feather...