Tax loss selling and January effect - is it OFF TOPIC? Dunno myself

Wong,
   Okay, since I don't trade the US markets. Here's my 1 cent.

In our Philippines stock market,we have what we call the "Scumbag January
Effect"
unlike yours in America, as I understand it, its What goes January goes the
year?

Well, anyway in our case, our insiders released their worse news on first weeks
of January to flush everyone out, as they will be buying for their director's
seat proxy
shares in the first quarter, so we will go up usually in the first quarter,,
after they get
elected, they play other games later, if they hold too much shares, they will be
releasing
good news to the public, so they can unload the next few months. So, now you can

see what our "Scumbag January Effects"  means.

Absolutely funnymentals has nothing to do with our market.