Re: tax loss selling and January effect - 2nd posting

At 12:55 PM 15/11/98 -0800, Dennis wrote:
>No research, just an opinion. We've already had our "January effect".
--------
Again, this is addressed to all members:

Does that mean that the January effect is over by now?

Does it mean that one cannot make money from now to Jan/Feb next year at
all, trading stocks and/or stock options?

I'm sure that a lot of stocks still haven't recovered from their recent
highs.  And for that matter, please refer to the attached zipped excel file.

In this file, I've got most of the Dow30 stocks, and 18 other stocks that
I've been watching, such as AMGN, BBY, CSCO, DELL etc.

This file contains the 50-week high, 50-week low, close, close/50-week
high, and close/50-week low of the various stocks. Some stocks are near
their highest level (good for momentum players), whereas some others are
pretty low (e.g., DIS)(good for bottom-fishers).

I'm sure not every one of them is a loser in the next 2-3 months.

I guess what is needed is more than just opinion - I might as well flip a
coin - head, bull, tail, bear, and if it stands up, sideways.

Any research thru systems trading?

We do have Ts and hundreds of indicators/functions/systems to test many,
many stocks for many, many years....

Wong

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\stk.zip"