Re: Online stock trade execution

Well, what you refer to as poor execution, others might call a lousy broker,
period. Datek's servers have been down in a similar fashion a lot recently.
Cyber (www.cybertrader.com?) has an interesting feature - a 1-button get-me-
out-of-everything. Don't have Cyber, so I don't know what kinds of orders it
does. By "lightweight", I mean no Level II data, just order entry. Two or
three mouse clicks to enter an order. For the volume you do, though, most of
the high-end brokers will waive the trading system fees and charge commissions
only, plus maybe exchange fees for data, $50 a month if you want Level II. For
that small amount, you might try it for a month to see if you like it. I would
caution you NOT to become so entranced with it, you forget to use your current
methods. It can easily happen.

BTW, any Internet connection to a broker is prone to these problems. You might
check in your area to see if you can get a direct dialup connection. Cyber
even offers frame-relay direct connections, very expensive, but could be worth
it for high volume traders.