Re: Jumping to Conclusions

> Bill never tried to sell his book, it was mentioned by a someone in passing.

Wrong. Bill has been constantly trying to to sell his book on the Omega
List for months and some of us are sick of it. I have many kilobytes of
mail from Bill in my trash folder. Parsing the content, one can
summarize it as follows: useful trading information - 0%, sales
information - 100%. Bad form, old chap.

There IS a way to subtly spam a list like this without offending people.
Namely, one gives some useful information and, without mentioning the
product for sale, includes a link to one's web page in the signature.
Several members of this list are very good at that and are accepted
because the signal (useful information) outweighs the noise (sales).
Bill has not mastered this art and has made himself about as welcome as
a door-to-door salesman.

--
   Dennis
   http://www.nothingforsale.com