RE: Pierre's EL vs VB

Pierre,

"Most of what you are referring to is available in TradeStation5 (Active X
controls, DLL's, COM interfaces, Internet programming and the like.)"

I've seen TS5 and to the best of my knowledge which could be incomplete
regarding this beta, TS cannot create any of the above (which is what I was
referring to in the quote above).  It can interface with 32 bit DLL's
created with VB and the TS5 is COM based but it can't create anything like
this.  You can use TS5 COM objects in VB but you can't go the other way
unless you call a VB generated DLL.  I wouldn't expect to either since
that;s not only proprietary but way outside of the scope of the language.
Whether or not they have specific commands which allow users to control COM
objects programatically within an EL source remains to be seen.  I would be
skeptical of this however since VB5 has minimal COM support.  However, being
that you can compile a DLL with VB5/6 and call it from TS5 EL (you should be
able to do this), means that you can essentially control COM objects from
EL.  To the credit of Omega I like the Chromacoding feature in the new EL
editor.   Also, there's no question Tradestation's support for VB and COM
will be a big bonus for power users.

However, I will miss a VB-like debugger which to date I haven't seen in the
new Powereditor.

Regards,
Brian.