Re: Program trading

Don't like to keep sounding like the Grinch on these subjects-- But I
occasionally enjoy some research, so I tried their 3-day trial on real-time
S&P signals a few months ago to see if it might augment my signals.  They
claimed that it used their proprietary "program trading" technology to call
the major intra-day moves in the S&P.  It actually had nothing to do with
their alleged program-trading strategies.

It was some guy in Texas who was trying to call Entrys and Exits on minor
moves in the S&P, but was more concerned with ending the day as early as
possible to get out on the golf course.  He claimed to be taking about 90%
profitable trades on very quick moves that were really only noise in the
Index.  He wouldn't say exactly when they got in or out, or where-- but
quickly claimed a profit on a move that happened to go in his direction.  He
missed all the major moves.

I had several discussions with their guru on his "work", but found him
evasive and the reports that they sent as examples covered everything from
how to trade S&P to how to wash the dishes.  Very convoluted and covered
either everything or nothing-- depending on your point of view.

They also had a major altercation with the SEC a year or two ago, but they
claim that it was a guy who took over the company for a while and was booted
after the SEC suit was filed.  You can find the data on this incident via a
Web search.