RE: UMCANE01 1of2 "Allowed posts"

This will be my FINAL comment on Y2K (for today at least)

WIN95 in my opinion was always Y2K compliant versus what Mr. IBM has stated. I
mean when does IBM ever work with Microsoft? <--(this is a joke, don't take
what I said seriously) When I called up Microsoft to buy WIN95 (I special
ordered it) They told me it was Y2K complaint. All this nonsense about DOS and
the old File Manager is menial. WIN95 is setup INTERNALLY to handle the
4-digit year. That above all else tells me its Y2K compliant.

As far as the client that called Omega and asked the salesperson if TS4.0 was
Y2K compliant. I have a hard time believing this TONY. I was on the phones as
a tech back then when TS4.0 was first being shipped out the door. I don't
recall one instance where we got a call, where a client had asked if the TS4.0
was Y2K compliant. Nor do I recall there being an instance when a salesperson
had told someone this.

In the end:

1. The Server has a work-around. USE IT. If you don't know how then call Tech
Support.

2. I'm sure the Power Editor has a work-around as well. If someone bright
enough could make a Function using EL that incorporates the logic behind
"Windowing". This would solve the PE compliance matter all together. Any
takers?

3. According to Hurricane Mitch Ackles, there will be a fix around 6/99.So
this then leads me to number 4.

4. YOU ALL AGREED to the Software License Agreement whether you all, like it
or not. Therefore please refer to number 1 through 3 if you have a problem
with TS4.0 NOT being Y2K Compliant.

Regards,
UMCANE01
NICE TRY "FILTER" Frank!
There is more than one way to skin a cat(trader)
I can come up with as many Tag names as I like. That's the beauty of AOL.
Cya!!