RE: y2K woes & omega

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: y2K woes & omega
  • From: UMCANkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:50:50 -0400 (EST)

Sorry "dude",

But I believe you're mistaken about Win95. Just check the available "date
formats" that exist within the Win95 environment. You'll find that a four-
digit year is available. Once in this mode, Win95 is Y2K compliant. Any other
questions?

The rest of your reply is Sour-Grapes. If you were a true computer-geek, you
would side with Omega and understand and realize the dilemmas that they are
facing as a software company, not a broker, not an online service, not a data
provider or anything else of that arena. They make a charting software for use
with Technical Analysis specifically System Testing. From what I've heard, the
charting module is not having a problem. It's the Server (which has a work-
around, something common in the software industry, which you should be
familiar with, being a Geek since 1973) and the Power Editor which I am sure
knowing the huge spectrum that EL covers would have a work-around as well. If
one knew how to write EL well enough? As far as the rest of the arguments
regarding "I'm going to lose my data if/when I go up to TS5.0"

EVER HEARD OF A TAPE BACKUP???

Any other insights??? BRING THEM ON!!!  BRING THEM ON!!

UMCANE01