RE: y2K woes & omega

I apologize to the list for prolonging this mess.  I'll make one last
comment and bow out.

UMCANE01@xxxxxxx wrote:
> But I believe you're mistaken about Win95. Just check the
> available "date formats" that exist within the Win95 environment.
> You'll find that a four- digit year is available. Once in this
> mode, Win95 is Y2K compliant. Any other questions?

If you think the date format is the only thing involved in Y2K
compliance, then it's clear you don't have the faintest understanding
of the problem.  I suggest you stop making authoritative statements
on subjects you know little about.

> The rest of your reply is Sour-Grapes. If you were a true
> computer-geek, you would side with Omega and understand and realize
> the dilemmas that they are facing as a software company,...

I understand they have problems of their own making, that they have
promised solutions to their customers, that they have reneged on
those promises, and that there is no clear indication when they will
finally provide the solution.  I also understand that some customers
are *already* suffering from this problem, with or without the hacked
workaround.

My geekitude has nothing to do with it.  Any company, software or
other, has a responsibility to its customers.  If a company doesn't
meet its customers' needs, the company will lose customers.  That's
how the free market works.  Omega needs to remember that.

Gary