Re: Who makes money?

Jeff:

I'm sorry I can't answer your question becaue I'm not not of the day
traders
you are defining.  Perhaps this will help the thread along.  It is my
under-
standing that day traders comprise only 1/10 of 1% of all consistently
successful traders.  If so, that's a mighty select group.  Now, what is it
that distinguishes them from the other 9/10 of 1% of the consistently
successful traders in the other groups of classification?  I wish I knew
Perhaps they have their own people on the floor.  I must say, this is all
pure
speculation on my part.   Certainly though, it must be the type of
individual
 who has a special personality and psychological profile.  Like 'Dirty
Harry'
said:  "Every man has got to know his limitations".

Charles.
----------
> From: Jeff Caplan <jeffwcbs@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Who makes money?
> Date: Saturday, October 24, 1998 4:51 AM
>
> Hi folks..
>
> I'm getting scared.  I'm just getting into S&Ps and Bonds after a long,
> long layoff from the futures business.  I've delved into trading enough
> times that I'm cured of indicator fascination.
>
> Within the last two days, a newbie posted a request for all the closet
> profiteers to come out of the woodwork and let him know whether they
making
> a living off day trading, and day-trading alone.
>
> I eagerly waited for the responses from all the "pro's" I keep reading
> messages from.
>
> But, I think I've seen ....
>   *150 posts on how evil Bill Cruz is
>   *10 posts on how heavenly WoW is
>   *10 posts on whether all trading S/W companies are run by crooks and
> infidels.
>   *A lengthy semantic discussion of momentum and velocity.
>   *Some discussion of ELA code (!)
>
> ...and not a single response from anyone saying "I make a living by
> daytrading."
>
> I'm starting to seriously wonder whether trading leads not to profits,
but
> to bitterness, and a lot of free time for cranky message writing.
>
> So I'll ask again on the newbie's behalf:
>
> Is anybody making their *primary* living daytrading? (Not
designing/selling