Who makes money?

Hi folks..

I'm getting scared.  I'm just getting into S&Ps and Bonds after a long,
long layoff from the futures business.  I've delved into trading enough
times that I'm cured of indicator fascination.

Within the last two days, a newbie posted a request for all the closet
profiteers to come out of the woodwork and let him know whether they making
a living off day trading, and day-trading alone.

I eagerly waited for the responses from all the "pro's" I keep reading
messages from.

But, I think I've seen ....
  *150 posts on how evil Bill Cruz is
  *10 posts on how heavenly WoW is
  *10 posts on whether all trading S/W companies are run by crooks and
infidels.
  *A lengthy semantic discussion of momentum and velocity.
  *Some discussion of ELA code (!)

...and not a single response from anyone saying "I make a living by
daytrading."

I'm starting to seriously wonder whether trading leads not to profits, but
to bitterness, and a lot of free time for cranky message writing.

So I'll ask again on the newbie's behalf:

Is anybody making their *primary* living daytrading? (Not designing/selling
   futures related products/services while trading)
How do you pass the time during the day while trading?
To what do you attribute your success?
Is your trading mechanical or discretionary?
Do you think you're one-in-a-million, or can your success be emulated?

Thanks for any responses.  They're greatly appreciated...

Jeff
 ( ( * ) )

   |X|
   |X|