Re: 2 views on 1 symbol?

In a message dated 98-10-20 14:07:36 EDT, fritz@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Is it possible to create two different portfolio symbols
>  with different properties, both looking at the same symbol?
>
>  I know it's possible for some symbols, e.g. SP and DSP (using
>  BMI feed).  SP has day & night sessions, and DSP has only day.
>  But that's supported by BMI *sending out* a DSP symbol.
>
>  What if I wanted two different views on the same symbol?  For
>  example, let's say I wanted two different versions of the INDU
>  symbol:  one that started trading at 9:30 ET, and one that started
>  at 9:35.  (I *don't* want to do that, but that's the kind of thing
>  I'm looking for.)
>
>  I know I can shut down the server, bring up the offline server, and
>  change the symbol to specify the 9:35 start time.  But I'd like
>  both the original INDU symbol and the new "delayed INDU" symbol
>  available at the same time.  Is there any way to do that?

Gary

        Here is a little trick I've done to look at 15 min S&P data with
different perpectives:
Assuming I am up and running:

1.    Build a 15 minute chart like always.
2.    Go into the server and change the S&P start time from 0830 to 0835
3.    Build another 15 minute chart
5     Build another 15 min chart

All three charts will update under the time segment they were built under.
Only problem is of course when you shut down and reload you will have to go
back thru the procedure.

           Pete