FutureSource

This is old news, but I've been away for 2 weeks, and since the timing of my
request to the list that folks write in and tell Omega that they should come
to an agreement with FS, and vice-versa, was uncannily close in date to the
agreement's announcement, I'm gonna take full credit for it (see paragraph
five, regarding customer requests).  ;->  Again, I apologize if this has
already been covered.

Peter

Here's the article:

Thursday October 1, 6:04 pm Eastern Time
Company Press Release
FutureSource Announces Major Partnership with Omega Research 5.0 Powered by
FutureSource Market Data Server
LOMBARD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 1, 1998--

FutureSource announces major partnership with Omega Research,
Inc. (NASDAQ:OMGA - news) to combine Omega Research's TradeStation(R) 5.0,
its next generation of trading software, and FutureSource Data, the
industry's leading institutional quality futures and options data feed for
stand-alone terminals and networked trading rooms.

FutureSource announced today that it has agreed with Omega Research on a
major new initiative to provide a powerful package of high-end technical
analysis and system testing software powered by the recognized leader of
quality futures and options data and service. The two firms have worked
together to provide solutions to the futures and options industry for many
years and this new agreement is a major expansion of that successful
partnership pending the release of TradeStation 5.0 and the availability of
the FutureSource Market Data Server.

``Traders looking for the highest level of analysis power available in the
industry look to TradeStation software. Those same traders want to make sure
those trading programs and system testing strategies they have designed are
based on the highest quality data available. Data that is corrected
throughout the day, and refreshed each and every night with deep historical
data for accuracy'', noted Doug McIntyre, President of FutureSource. ``Now,
that powerful combination will be available not only to individual
terminals, but also networked trading environments'' McIntyre adds.

FutureSource will provide the FutureSource data feed, recognized in the
industry as the professional trader's choice for its unsurpassed data
quality and coverage in both a stand-alone version as well as a network
solution. Intra-day data corrections, daily automatic downloads of deep
historical data, worldwide futures and options exchange data, cash market
coverage for the energy, metals and foreign exchange markets, and the most
experienced technical support team in the industry make up this
institutional quality feed.

Marc J. Stone, Vice President of Corporate Development, Omega Research,
stated, ``I am pleased to announce the expected upcoming compatibility with
FutureSource's broadcast data services. FutureSource is obviously held in
high regard in the industry for its quality of data and level of service,
and many of our futures trader customers have requested that TradeStation
5.0 support FutureSource data. This agreement demonstrates our continuing
commitment to offer our customers high-quality real-time data choices.''

Omega Research will offer a version of TradeStation 5.0 that supports the
FutureSource datafeed and will permit FutureSource to offer bundled
subscriptions of TradeStation 5.0 and FutureSource data. Traders using the
FutureSource/TradeStation system will have the choice to use the new 32 bit
TradeStation software in either a standalone or networked client server
environment.

The two firms expect the full release of services to be available within the
first half of next year.

About FutureSource

FutureSource is the leading provider in the futures industry for quality
futures and options data, news, and analysis. Serving traders around the
world via stand-alone, network, and Internet products, the company serves
the information needs of institutional and individual traders, brokers, and
risk managers.