Re: re Linux v NT

gordon@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>I am a partner in a firm of 250 people in the process of being raped
>by the almost forced upgrade to NT. We would dearly love to find an
>alternative but to do so would cost us a great deal more money at
>this stage or in the foreseeable future.

It's sad to see situations like Gordon's, where the effects of
Microsoft's marketing juggernaught, endlessly repeating how
popular WinNT is until corporate decision makers actually believe
it.  What's the cost of all those NT licenses alone?  Let alone
the extra hardware needed to run the bloated thing.

What most folks want is applications, and there are some excellent
office application suites now available for Linux.  From the reviews
I read, one can choose between very-MS Office-like, or much-better-
than-MS Office.  The big-time databases are now available on Linux.

The real difference is in the lack of reboots, and of course, cost.

Jim