Scanning and screening

All,

This is somewhat off topic however I suspect some of you may have
an answer.  I'm at the end of my tether with Telescan, a product
which performs searching and screening of equities using software
they call Prosearch.  Prosearch consists of a client piece running
on your home machine, and a database search engine located on
Telescan's server which performs the actual screening.  Their symbol
universe is quite broad and the Prosearch engine offers a very
comprehensive set of criteria for performing searches.  Note that
this differs from Tradestation in that you don't need to know the
equities ahead of time.  Very top-down.

So Prosearch is actually pretty good, however the overall quality
of their software, charting and other features suck eggs.

I've been a Telescan user for five years now and they still haven't
produced a quality product in my opinion.  Meanwhile, instead of
providing free fixes to their customers they have loaded their
products up with all manner of features and gizmos. And each new
release of the client just increases the fragility and hairballs
clogging the software.

Sound familiar?  I think Bill Cruz could take lessons from the guys
at Telescan.

Telescan is just not adequate to tackle the big boy world of
trading.  So my question to those of you who do screen the equities
universe for trades is:

	Are there any competing products out there that offer more
	robust software and as broad a symbol universe and
	comprehensive search facility for equities as Telescan?

- Hacker

---
Dark Hacker             |  Fortress Of Computation
hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/

Investment and Market Outlook:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Investment/index.html
Bishop Protein Analytics:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Bishop/index.html

       "Building our future... one twisted freak at a time."