Re: Features of Trading Software

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Neal wrote:
>The Omega dog and pony show is coming to the Chicago  Board of Trade.  They
>plan to tell traders what a great software company they are. If you trade on
>the Exchange, please alert members to the existance of this list. Let the
>truth be told. CQG is not going to sit back an allow TS to do a number on
>the floor traders.

Uh, Neal, excuse me but weren't you inquiring (just about a
day ago) into why Omega products "cost so much"? Something
like you could buy a laptop, etc for the price of TS? =Now=
you're defending CQG in the face of a TS onslaught? I mean,
the last time I looked CQG was well over $600/month
(including exchange fees) for the basic package. I'm sure
they have excellent service and s/w but what happened to
that 'price sensitivity'? I find this especially strange
given the fact that an "adequate" RT feed (complete with
s/w) can be had for roughly =half= the price of CQG.

Why not let them see this product (as well as all the
others) and let them make their own decision without
intervention? There's been a lot of talk about the precious
=nickels= that could be saved through common clearing,
electronic trading, and the like here and just about
everywhere else. Defending CQG (considering their price
structure) is bad form if you're going to do a concomitant
nickel-and-dime number on Omega, et al.

Best regards,
Jim