Re: Server Specification

At 09:56 AM 9/12/98 -0700, Jim Osborn wrote:
<snip>

>To that end, and to provoke a diversion from the Starr report, I'd
>invite a discussion of what we'd like to see in a real-time data
>server.  Let's put together a software-engineering level product
>specification.  I'll toss out some ideas of my own later.  In the
>meantime, let's take Joe up on his challenge.  What do YOU think
>should be in a real-time data server product spec?
>
>Jim

For me, the specs of the UMDS are right on. Plus it's fast.

And, most importantly, it's an open design. Multiple applications can use
it simultaneously. This is comparable to having an open computer bus where
you can use anyone's plug-in cards vs a closed proprietary one.
Allan

"In God We Trust. I don't believe it would sound any better if it were
true." - Mark Twain