Server Specification

was: Re: TS 5.0

"The Omega Man (TM)" <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>Aw, stuff it.  When are you going to release your server software?  The one
>you wrote?  We're still waiting to see your code.  Send it to us when you're
>finished so we can critique it.  Until then, put a sock in it - you might
>learn something from a company where they actually write programs.

To that end, and to provoke a diversion from the Starr report, I'd
invite a discussion of what we'd like to see in a real-time data
server.  Let's put together a software-engineering level product
specification.  I'll toss out some ideas of my own later.  In the
meantime, let's take Joe up on his challenge.  What do YOU think
should be in a real-time data server product spec?

Jim