Re: Off topic: Spammers

At 06:13 PM 9/10/98 -0400, Gaius Marius wrote:
>I'm getting spammed almost every day (almost every hour recently) since I
>got this account (Sept. 1, 1998) by every moron who has some financial
>interest/trading system/services he wants to sell. All I did was made 2 post
>to Misc. Invest. Futures within the last 2 weeks.
<snip>

Although I use an unprotected address on controlled lists such as this,
when posting to a USENET group, my address is modified by including
*NoSpam* in it. Someone who wishes to Email me directly can do so by a
simple modification of the address. However, the programs that
automatically strip the address of all posters to a group don't get a
usable address.

For more on how to fight the SPAMmer's, see the SPAM-L FAQ at

http://oasis.ot.com/~dmuth/spam-l/

Allan

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure." - Earl Wilson